RE: [ST] RAM Mount

>Yeah screw technology and the assurance it brings me
>that I'll make my turns on my 4k mile trip this
>year...screw technology...:p
>
>Prepare more, worry less.  (while riding)
>
>Bryce

Yo, dude :)

I think you missed my point.  I at no point said, "prepare less".  I was
simply making a tongue in cheek point about "technology" ON the bike.  I
prepare for my 6K annual trips with a passion.  I am a map FREAK, I have
hundreds of maps that I have collected over the years, from all over the
country.  I have framed and mounted maps on my walls as "art".  I study maps
voraciously.  I have three different mapping software programs I use in
plotting courses that I may or may not take.  Including the Delorme Topo USA
that not only gives me the squiggly lines I seek, but also the elevation
changes of the road.  There is still a map of the Dragon on the wall at the
Crossroads of Time store that I made for them  :))

Technology is grand, and I use it to my advantage.  I just don't need it on
the bike.  It's a distraction to my main purpose, and that is to become
"one" with the bike and the road, in the present.  I have had, at one time
or another most all the gee-gaws rigged to my bike.  And I keep coming back
to,,,, the bike, the road, and me.  I'm not saying that these gizmos don't
have their place, they surely do.  I have enjoyed a good tune on the road,
during very boring stretches, my Passport, has allowed me to avoid several
tickets, and even a bike to bike communicator has helped avoid a nasty cage
encounter.  GPS, never used it, but may purchase one, for various reasons.

But, I have seen riders with all manner of electronic erotica hooked up to
their bikes, to the point that they are more a slave to the technology than
it is a convenience to them.  Fuk, that.  Anyone who spends more time (or
any significant time) fooling with knobs and talking on the radio, than they
do wandering aimlessly and getting in touch with the tarmac below them,
should get a new hobby.

This ain't no hobby to me.

dunc

Steve Duncan