[ST] Advice On Purchasing Leathers

I'm looking for some recommendations on purchasing a new set of
leathers. I definitely need a two piece, ventilated, removable armor,
and nice, thick leather. My primary concern is safety.
I am very happy with my Vansons, but their two piece is only available
as a custom order. For $300, they will make a two piece out of my
existing leathers,  but I would like to keep them as is. After some web
research, Alpinestars seems like my best , but I have never even seen a
set. Joe Rocket is out of the question. Any and all advise would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ira
parisphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx