RE: [ST] OT:Dead Rock Stars (was: luggage rack)

> Speaking of music, who out there is using an MP3 player? What is your
> preference. I'd like a hard drive type player out there, but are they
> consistent enough? Do they skip or lose their place with all the
abuse? It
> seems like a much better option, given that most solid state MP3
players
> are way too small.

I have an original iPod and it works great and has a decent buffer so it
does not skip. I have been thinking of getting one of these as I want a
way to store digital photos when I am traveling
http://www.archos.com/products/overview/gmini_220.html

> Also, I want to get some earplugs with good noise reduction. After
riding
> for a couple of years with no plugs a while back, I've already
suffered
> all the permanent tinitus that I'd like to. What are people using?

I use the Howard Leight Laser Lite earplugs
http://www.howardleight.com/single.html#