RE: [ST] OT:Dead Rock Stars (was: luggage rack)

my riding mentor has become an Autocom, Tesseract, etc., dealer. my road
gear will shortly include a mix of:

custom molded earplugs with decent earphone speakers embedded
because i miss decent bass, a pair of speakers in the helmet
because i work with techies, a mixer and low pass filter so i can 'bass
boost' - like that woofer under your desk, letting the speakers carry the
freight, but let me balance between earplug and speaker
Delphi XM Roady / MP3 player / minidisk player / Walkman
FRS / CB
Push-To-Talk [my VOX buddies are always tinkering with settings]
throat mike kit, discontinued Radio Shack 21-1835 - includes PTT switch
Tesseract xma3 v.2 [similar to Autocom] mixer
a Slik so i can pull the Arai off without pulling the earphones out
backwrads when the helmet comes off [OUCH]

http://www.tesseractcorp.com/
http://www.autocomamerica.com/index.asp#
http://www.xmradio.com/roady/
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=
CTLG%5F008%5F009%5F008%5F007&product%5Fid=21%2D1835&hp=search
i can't find a web link for the earphones

spammish portion: my contact is Kieth Goudelock (918)446-2245, e-mail
tulsatruck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [if you need a good Peterbilt, etc., let him
know]

this guy is also knowledgable, helpful, and has a variety of interesting
solutions - even if the web site isn't exactly focused:
http://www.amalgamate2000.com/sales/products.htm

bp

<...1) a little more volume output, I loose the FRS/GMRS in the wind noise
at highway speed (wearing above earlugs) and 2) would like a little better
fidelity when I have the radio jacked in.

Suggestions?  I'm wondering if simple speaker replacement with those out
of a decent "walkman" type of headphone setup will help. - Bil>