[ST] St gone

- ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C43871.CFB21170

For those inquiring minds.

I had a freak accident shortly after returning to FL. The bike picked up
a flattened can and went a little sideways as I was braking. Due to my
(he said modestly) fantastic riding skills and a bit of chance, I got it
straightened out in time to hit a curb and break the front wheel and
bend the back one.

Then in the excitement of the moment, I pushed the Eject button and sat
down on the grass to observe the bike slide down the hill beyond the
curb, ripping off the left bag and breaking the frame slider on that
side.

Next it hit a small drainage area and high-sided all by itself, breaking
off the other bag and bending that frame slider.

No really serious damage, but the entire bike, except the tank, was
scratched. Along with the broken wheels, the estimate came to over 5k
for repair and the adjuster wrote her off.

As I said, I was just piddling along, out for a day of peaceful
contemplation from the seat, when Evil Fate struck me down. As it
happened in the Wilds of North Florida, my cell phone didn't work, so I
wasn't able to call the cops to make a report. Strange how these things
work out.

Anyone who has further questions should contact me off list. I'm SO
ashamed I just can't discuss this further in public.

Andrew F. Kay, Jr.
Riders of the Lost Empire, LC,  13355 79th Street, Fellsmere, FL 32948
www.lostempire.com <http://www.lostempire.com/>
<mailto:andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Change is not made without inconvenience, even from worse to better."
Attributed to Richard Hooker, 1554? -1600 by Johnson in the Preface to
the English Dictionary.

- ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C43871.CFB21170

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-asci=
i">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P><SPAN class=3D601473502-13052004><FONT size=3D2>For those inquiring=20
minds.</FONT></SPAN></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>I had a freak accident shortly after returning to FL. T=
he bike=20
picked up a flattened can and went a little sideways as I was braking. Du=
e to my=20
(he said modestly) fantastic riding skills and a bit of chance, I got it=20
straightened out in time to hit a curb and break the front wheel and bend=
 the=20
back<SPAN class=3D601473502-13052004> one</SPAN>.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Then in the excitement of the moment, I pushed the Ejec=
t button=20
and sat down on the grass to observe the bike slide down the hill beyond =
the=20
curb, ripping off the left bag and breaking the frame slider on that=20
side.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Next it hit a small drainage area and high-sided all by=
 itself,=20
breaking off the other bag and bending that frame slider.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>No really serious damage, but the entire bike, except t=
he tank,=20
was scratched. Along with the broken wheels, the estimate came to over 5k=
 for=20
repair and the adjuster wrote her off.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>As I said, I was just piddling along, out for a day of =
peaceful=20
contemplation from the seat, when Evil Fate struck me down. As it happene=
d in=20
the Wilds of North Florida, my cell phone didn't work, so I wasn't able t=
o call=20
the cops to make a report. Strange how these things work out.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Anyone who has further questions should contact me off =
list. I'm=20
SO ashamed I just can't discuss this&nbsp;<SPAN class=3D601473502-1305200=
4>further=20
</SPAN>in public.</FONT></P></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
<P align=3Dleft><FONT size=3D2>Andrew F. Kay, Jr.<BR>Riders of the Lost E=
mpire,=20
LC,&nbsp; 13355 79th Street,</FONT><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;Fellsmere, FL 329=
48&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;<A href=3D"http://www.lostempire.com/";>www.lostempire.com</A><FONT=20
face=3DArial>&nbsp;&nbsp; <A href=3D"mailto:andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</FONT></A></FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<BR><EM>"Change is not made without inconv=
enience,=20
even from worse to better."</EM>&nbsp; Attributed to Richard Hooker, 1554=
? -1600=20
by Johnson in the <EM>Preface</EM> to the<EM> English=20
Dictionary.</EM></FONT></FONT></P>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
</BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C43871.CFB21170--