[ST] Triumph Oil Filter Alert.

Yesterday I went to my local Triumph dealer to get a jug of Mobile 1 and
a new filter. The counter guy says "Guess What"  the filter diameter has
changed. If you want to buy a new wrench they are $29.00.   I guess
Triumph has a new oil filter supplier. It is Toyo Roki Mfg.co.ltd of
Japan. The new filter is 64 mm across the flats where the wrench goes.
The old filter was 68 mm across the flats. The old filter used a style
"G" wrench and it just slips around when you apply it to the new filter.
So off I went to my local auto parts store this morning to pick up a new
wrench and they did not have one that fit like the style "G" wrench but
  I bought a Lisle Import car filter wrench Model 63600 which is
expandable from 63.5 mm to 79.4mm and it cost me $15.00 out the door.
As I was driving home an idea occured to me to use my existing style "G"
wrench (which I had paid $4.00 for and Triumph wanted $19.00 when I
bought it a couple of years ago). I took the official Triumph box that
the filter came in and cut it open so that when I layed it flat I could
cut a couple of  strips out of it that were 1" wide by 8" long. I took
these two strips, layed them on top of one another and layed them inside
of the style "G" filter wrench and then stuck the new filter into it and
low and behold it was enough to make it a tight fit. So I think I'll
take my $15.00 new wrench back.
Al Garvin
San Martin, Cal.