Re: [ST] Day Ride, Fun in Piney Woods

Damn STeve. I gotta head for Texas some day. Take the long way home from or
something... I couldn't hang with you at the speeds you ride (I bet the 150
wasn't km/hr :-) ), but it sounds like some great country. Maybe if I get
laid off or something this summer I could just blow my severance pay on
tires, gas and beer and roam around the country for a month...

My big adventure was seeing cords showing through my tires 100+ miles from
home on Sunday. I had had 250 miles of good fun in WV when I noticed the
shiny bits peaking through the rubber. It's obvious that the wear and tear
of commuting and mellow country sweepers took it's toll on the middle.
Here's photo of the very tired Pirelli Diablo when I got home (toast at 4.5K
miles):

http://home.adelphia.net/~garrysimmons/tire.jpg

I now have a somewhat used BT-020 on the rear that I hope I can milk until
mid-June. I figure it's got at least a couple thousand in it if not maybe 3K
left... Then it's  a fresh set of either Avons or Michelins...

Garry