Re: [ST] Strange electrical problem

Measuring voltage and battery charge seems to be one those things I come
across every where  I go.  Voltage depends on where you measure it.   If you
measure across the battery with the key off and a charged battery, it should
read in the high 12's or low 13's.  If the engine is on, you are really
measing the charging voltage.  That could be all over the place because you
have headlights on which draw significant current.   The following is my
opinion on all of this: if it starts quick and you are not having a problem
with the battery going flat, don't worry about it.   If you are anal on
electical systems then buy a gismo from Kisan Technology that tells you both
voltage and amperage at the battery (and charges is it too).  Voltage alone
only tells you about 75% of the story and you have to make assumptions on
the health of the system.  Add amps and you pretty much have it wipped.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Rod