Re: [ST] Strange electrical problem

> Thanks for the suggestions Rod & Blake. The confusing thing was the bike
was
> only putting out about 12.5 volts even when the engine was doing about
> 3000rpm, the headlights were off and the battery was 1/2 flat. I'm going
> a friends place who's better set up than me to try to track down the
> problem. I'll let you know how we go.
Phil,
With lights out and at 3K rpm, you should be real close to 13.8 volts in a
normal situation across the battery.  This is kinduva chicken an egg
situation.  The battery could be down because the alternator/voltage
regulator is sick or the battery is sick and causing the lower reading.  A
real quick and dirty thing you could do is pull the battery and have it
tested.
Rod