Re: [ST] Headlights

David,

Congrats on the new bike!

I'm not sure what you should do with the relays.  Mine came wired for
both lights to be on (US-spec).  What I did find was the lights were
aimed too low, so that high beams looked like I thought dipped beams
should look like.  I ended up raising both headlights 6 1/2 turns.  Then
I added a 80/100 watt bulb the the right light.  Set thus, I still don't
get flashed by other motorists thinking I have high beams on instead.  I
have very good night lighting, now.

The Sky King Frame sliders are easy to install.  You will need a long
extension (~2'/600 mm)  for your socket wrench.  Using the long
extension the opposite side can be reached by going across the engine
above the exhaust.  You will need a helper to retorque the bolts.  On
the 2002 and later engines there are 2 coolant lines on the left side
that will need to be manipulated (or lengthened) to prevent chaffing.

DAVID POPLE wrote:

> Hi Guys and Gals
> After a while in the wilderness on a Thunderbird following the
> unplanned and painful disposal of my RS, I have just acquired a new
> Caspian Blue RS. I have also acquired two relays to sort the EU
> headlight fiasco. Now some advice on fitting tem - look on the list.
> I thought no more ado but to search the archive. No go. Oh well look
> at the file uploads for experiences. No go again. I have tried
> sampling the digests but there are just too many to delve through.
> So in the hope that I am not annoying too many people I will ask if
> anyone has done this and if so would they post their experiences.
> I have also bought Skyking frame protectors. But they are very
> straightforward to do (I think). My first purchase after the RS
> experience where the whole bike was written off by the insurers
> because the frame had a relatively small impact mark costing me a
> substantial valuation loss (hence the T'bird).
> Thank you for your sufferance.
>

> David Pople

- --
John Albright