From: triumph1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] coolant flush, 2000 Sprint ST

Would assume it is the same as an 00 RS.  Just did mine last month.  You
will have to remove the left side fairing.  There is a bleed  nut on top of
the thermostat housing which is just to the right of the coolant cap.  10mm
socket, loosen the bleed nut.  There is a nut on the left side on the head
of the motor which is the drain plug.  this is located just above the water
pump housing.  Remove the plug after the bleed screw is loose and have
something to catch the old coolant in.  Let it drain completely, replace
plug, fill with new coolant 50/50 mix distilled water/dexcool or straight
dexcool.  I run straight dexcool.  I believe the 50/50 mix is an EPA thing.
Fill through the cap opening just to the left or front of the bike until
coolant can be seen where the bleed screw is, this is to ensure all air is
out of the system.  I had air in mine and the bike ran hot , very hot until
the level went down and I could add more.  My bleed screw was/is stripped
from the factory and cannot be removed.  So just run the bike until no
coolant can be added, put cap on , tighten bleed nut and add more in the
overflow resevor if needed.  If it runs hot don't panic it is air in the
system somewhere and it should work it's way out.  Just don't let the temp
rise above 230 degrees F.  Remember though that if it runs hot, after you
shut the bike down it will rise in temp.  You should not have this problem
if your bleed nut is removable.

Tim Elliott