Re: [ST] Handlebar grip installation

At 06:30 AM 5/23/04, Dave Bardell wrote:

>Contact Cleaner works as well. Also, I've used an air nozzle inserted just
>under the inboard side and the grip will usually go on without any
>chemicals. Just be careful not to use too much air -- or the grip will
>inflate like a balloon. With the open ended grips, this method doesn't
>work quite as well. But works great on dirt bikes.

Best thing I've found is to use brake cleaner. Coat the inside of the grip,
then just shove it on.

Bonds grip solidly to the clip-on or throttle barrel within 5 minutes or
so. Works equally well if it's raining and everything is wet (have had to
do this more than a few times in the rain after tossing a bike into the
gravel traps on a wet track......)

Charlie McCullough
tz250 WERA#90 Ex
Duc 748