Re: [ST] Tyres/Tires

On May 27, 2004, at 2:08 PM, Rupert Galea wrote:
> It will soon be time for me to replace my tires. Last year I put on
> 010's back and front (99 Sprint ST).
[...]
> As clear as mud. Anyone have any input?

I'm replacing tires this weekend and had to decide between the new
Metzler Z6 and the Avon AZ45/46's.  I decided to give the Avons a try
since I've only heard wild-eyed, rabid enthusiasm about their
performance--especially in light of their long-wearing characteristics.

I'm going to try to go on a dawn-to-dusk ride on June 19th to celebrate
the summer solstice.  If I can make it I'll post a ride report and
provide some feedback on the Avons.

FWIW, I'm usually a Michelin Sport kinda guy, although I last ran a set
of SportTecs and really enjoyed their performance.  The rear didn't
last as long as the Sports (5K vs. 6K), but the front has lasted a
little longer (13K vs. 12K), including a track day.  The SportTec's big
improvement over the Sport is that they warm up much, much sooner.
Both seemed equal in the rain.
- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
San Mateo, CA (USA)