[ST] What does the...

Hello everyone,

I have just finished a spark plug, filter and oil change and putting
everything together I noticed that the pipe running to the fuel tank,
called the fuel pump pressure hose (or similar) in the Haynes manual, is
really badly perished and has cracked in several places.  Obviously it's
not going to be pressurising anything!

Does anyone know the function (apart from the obvious) of said hose, and
the ramifications of it being so damaged?

Why do these things always surface on a holiday weekend?  Was hoping to
go for a run tomorrow, but the Trumpet dealer won't be open 'til
Tuesday, and I am NOT reassembling that lot only to take it apart to fit
a new hose.  Maybe a nice bit of tubing from work or Halfords'll do the
job?  Maybe the hose is completely unnecessary?  Maybe I should finish
decorating the hall and forget about lesiure pursuits until it's finished?

Cheers,

Andrew