Re: [ST] Chain / Sprockets - where to buy, what to buy

> If you need a chain AND you are looking at sprockets at the same time,
> something you might consider is going to convert to a 520 set.  This is
just
> a suggestion because I have seen it mentioned on several other lists.  The
> "experts" say less weight and just about the same strength.  Not something
> would do without a bit of research but maybe worth the effort.

Conventional wisdom is to replace sprockets and chain as a set, so that's
the route I'm going. I guess the lower rotating mass might let it spin up a
bit faster. Between the lower (18/45) gearing and a TuneBoy (on the way),
I'm hoping my RS has enough extra grunt to not worry about going with a
lighter (520) chain.

> Also, do you really want to
> pull that swing arm???  Even the shop manual shows chain replacement with
> crimped master link.

I have no desire to yank the swingarm. Just thought I'd ask the wisdom of
the list first. Riveted master link works for me.

Garry

End of st-digest V2004 #290