From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Hessel,
Colin
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 1:30 PM
To: Triumph (E-mail)
Subject: [ST] fast idle problem

My 2000 ST has developed a problem. In the morning when the bike is cold, if
I blip the throttle during the "fast idle" period the RPMs shoot up toward
7000+ and stay there even when the throttle is closed. A couple more blips
and the revs settle back down, though this surge may be repeated another
time or two before the bike gets fully warm.

This happens every morning (or evening, if the bike gets cold) regardless of
how long (within reason) I let the bike warm up before touching the
throttle.

High RPMs while the bike and oil are cold can't be good.

Any thoughts?

*