[ST] OUCH! ^$@&*($#^

It's tough to practice what you preach and even the best fall.  Saturday I decided to take a ride and run an errand.  It was only 5 miles down the road and it was a beautiful 85ish degree day, so I kept my shorts on.

Coming back from my errand some flying insect critter found it's way up my pant leg.  Three more inches and the hurt would have been worse, but it still burned.  I killed it, but not until after it bit.  Don't know what it was.  I was going 40 so I didn't chance looking down.  Instead I stand up on my foot pegs and shake the shorts with my hand & leg to be sure it's out.

I can only imagine what that spectacle looked like from the onlookers point of view.

Moral of the story - Never wear shorts when riding a motorcycle.

I broke a golden rule of riding and luckily only have an irritating itchy, hurting welt on my thigh.  I got off lucky.

Rich