[ST] RE: Mileage going down

Brett,

I have personally experienced (and heard of others) plug fouling caused by
using Shell Optimax.  The Triumph dealer I go to has warned me off it.
Interesting you find a drop in power with Vortex, I've been using it since I
was told not to use Optimax - I'm running out of options here :(  Might hunt
around for a Mobil or BP outlet.  By the way my dealer told me the safest thing
to do was to use ordinary unleaded, but I found my ST 'pinged' using it.

Mick in Aus.

>>I would be interested to hear from anyone in Australia about experiences with
our various brands of Premium fuel.
I can run Optimax, BP & Mobil Premium no worries. Caltex Premium ("Vortex")
has a noticeable drop in power. <<