[ST] for Rich et all - pump octane

 Ahh, for the good old days when we could select the octane we
desired for our bikes!

 It has become increasingly rare here in the U.S. to find a pump in
our 'land of the Brave and formerly Free' which has a hose dedicated
to just one octane.  Nearly all our pumps have one hose and a
selection of three octanes from which to choose.  Well over 90% of
our cars and drivers use 87 octane;... the lowest commonly available.

 Since the first gas to find it's way into our tanks is what was left
in the hose by the previous customer, we commonly pour in between 2
and 3 gallons of cheapo (a mis-nomer if ever I wrote one,... who
would have believed a gallon of our gas could have risen to equal the
price of a quart of bottled water) - before we start getting what
we're paying for.

 When riding with others, I usually try to be the second guy to fill
from the hose,... a win-win situation because the first guy is
probably the one who is paying for the gas!         =;o)

                               doggydoo   - - - o%\o

 Fraternity brothers Bush or Kerry?... get real;... that's like a
choice of the Hillside Strangler or the Boston Strangler to marry
your daughter!