[ST] '03 ST differences

Bil:
	I have been riding a new '03 ST since May. Triumph
took a great bike and improved it a bit.
* Front forks have stronger springs, so there is no
need for Racetech upgrade in previous <01 model years.
* You'll feel more power at the rear wheel with the
"next generation" 955i engine. 10 more horses. Be
careful about how you crack the throttle at slow speeds
or when the road is damp/wet. Lots of low down torque!
* The engine throws plenty of heat, just as earlier
models. Summer stop and go riding is a challenge.
* All new switches/controls on the handlebars. The ST
and RS controls are the same. Four way flashers have
been eliminated.
* Improved transmission makes for smooth shifting from
the start. Neutral is very easy to find!
* Fuel capacity has been reduced a bit. Larger airbox =
less room for fuel in tank.
* Bodywork will exchange from earlier models. Two minor
exceptions: Older left fairing and belly pans will fit
the newer models, but they will need to be modified
(cut) to allow for the bulge/protrusion of the water
pump on the new style engine. I made templates from the
new bodywork and transferred the lines to my older
custom fairings. Took about 30 minutes to make the
cuts, sand and touch up the new cuts with paint from
start to finish.
* I have 3567 miles on the clock thus far. Oil/coolant
usage have been minimal. Bike is getting 45 miles per
US gallon on the highway at speed.
Enjoy your new bike,

Howard Stephen Serlick
'03 Blue ST