Re: [ST] Don't own a Sprint ST yet...

Woo - I made the same "upgrade" myself a few months ago. Then again, my
poor hawk really wasn't well suited to carrying 50+ lbs of misc supplies
for the SF -> LA AIDS Lifecycle event...
Two points of warning: there are a lot more hard-to-reach moving parts.
And they cost a lot more to fix. Also, I'd never buy a vehicle without
the chance to have a dealer do an inspection. I looked at one ST in
Texas, and was ready to fly out, buy, and ride home, until the dealer
found a loose shift linkage. And then I found another one close to
home.

Other than that, the ST makes my heart leap every time I look at it.
It's like a schoolgirl crush. :) and ohgodtheluggageisnice.

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 7:39am, Jeremy Witt wrote:
> But after riding my Hawk GT round trip NH to GA for the third time this
> past Fall (and having a joyous 30-minute test ride on a 955i Speed
> Triple in the Smokies), I'm pretty well set on the Sprint.  Thought I'd
> join up with this list and see what I can learn.
>
> And, of course, this shows up:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4500790744&category=6716&sspagename=WDVW
>
> Can't really afford another bike right now, but it's really tempting.
> It would be a long flight and a really long ride home, after replacing
> the trashed rear tire, at least.  Thoughts on this one?

- --ceren