RE: [ST] 'Smart Money'

> Ok, going with the folks who actually own the Sprints then.  If the
> spring/damper rod arrangement is the norm, have cartridge fork swaps
from
> (unknown bike here) been done?  Should I be searching the archives?
Don't
> want to annoy folks asking for repeats.

I have not heard of anyone swapping the forks for cartridge forks. Most
people put in the Race Tech cartridge emulators. At the rear there are
not many choices. Usually it is either Ohlins or Penske.

> I ask as I am used to my Race Tech'd, Gold Valve'd, Fox Shocked 400
(or
> so) pound Hawk ripping up the tight mountain roads and I have this
fantasy
> that, since it takes me nearly 600 miles of superslab to reach these
nice
> roads, that the Sprint could lose the bags and trunk and be a slightly
> heavier "Hawk" in those same twisties.  Am I barking up the wrong
bike?  I
> don't think so based on all I've read.  (Gonna ride George K's next
Fall
> for sure!)

I am sure you do not need me to tell you the Sprint is not going to be
as light/flickable as a Hawk. Especially one that has had the suspension
sorted. It is however a great compromise and a very good bike for the
street. If you like to do long days and still have fun in the twisties I
cannot think of many better bikes. Only way to find out if it is a
compromise you like is to ride one :)

Rupert