Re: [ST] 46mm socket for rear tire? (NOT a tire thread)

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 07:34:05AM -0500, dpullen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I saw from the FAQ that I need a honkin' 46mm socket (or English
> equivalent) to remove the rear wheel; where can I find such a beast
> around these parts?
>
> I stopped by the local Home Despot last night, and they laughed at me.
> I suspect Lowes will be the same.
>
> I'll call around to Autozone/Pep Boys to see what they have, but
> wanted to ping the list to see if anyone has found one in stock
> somewhere recently.

Not sure what part of the country you're in, or if someone mentioned
this yet, but I got my 1 13/16" at Harbor Freight.  I'm sure you could
get it off their website.  harborfreight.com

Maybe also Northern Tool, if you have one of those where you live.

Laters,
Brian
- --
Ft. Worth, TX