Re: [ST] Check 1 2 Testing

I seemed to receive a whole slew of posts all at once sometime during
the day yesterday (most were dated as having been received in the a.m.)

I've received 6 posts so far today including digest #613, but never did
get #611 (but I got #612 two hours BEFORE #610)

received three posts from Jack yesterday, the most recent being re:
'Sorry Blake'

received one post from you (Steve) 11/09/04 at 2:40 am PST re: 'totaled'

I've never been able absolutely determine whether such problems
originate with the ST-list or my ISP, but I think the evidence tends to
suggest that more often than not it is an ISP problem

the timestamps that indicate when they were received by my ISP (not
downloadedby me) are spread out throughout the morning which I tends to
suggest that ST-list is more-or-less ok

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there usually more than one server on
a typical ISP processing the mail?  if so, it is possible for some mail
to get through w/o problem while other items get stalled in the queue of
a server that has temporarily quit fuctioning

Neil