RE: [ST] ST totaled

Blake, dude, I am really bummed as well hearing of this  :(

I would think you should just bite the bullet and turn in the insurance
claim, because;
1- you will get the best price for the bike, and 2- once the bike is
wrecked, it will always be wrecked.  You may not think about it until you
enter that fast sweeper at the speeds I've seen you do, THEN you WILL think
about it, and it won't be happy thoughts.  Once you lose trust, it's gone
forever.

Now about the frame sliders.  Yours is the first I've heard of having a
problem with the SkyKing units.  I had their sliders on the Black ST when it
was totaled.  Bike hit the ground in a low side at 60++ mph, then
immediately High sided itself (I was off the bike by then) slammed hard on
the ground and then slid for a good 150 ft.  My frame was not cracked.  The
sliders protected my oil cooler and radiator, and I was able to limp the
beast 500 miles home.  I guess the circumstances are different in each case,
but for me, the SkyKing sliders were a good thing, and I have them on the
new bike and will probably have them on all bikes in the future.

dunc

STeve Duncan
Tejas
'00 Sprint-ST