Re: [ST] Fuel gauge - bug or feature?

This is exactly how mine works also. The low fuel light comes on at 233
miles. I usually fill up when the trip odo says 200 miles and it takes
3.8 to 4 gallons every time.  I consistantly get 50 MPG no matter how I
ride. Stock sprocks (2000 ST) with an under seat exhaust.

I think Triumph needs to find the guy who designed the hard bags for the
99 to 04 Sprint. They look like they were made for the Sprint. The new
2005 bags look like they were made for a BMW.
Al
San Martin, Ca.

Heyer, Matthew A. wrote:

> Everyone will inform you that the fuel gauges are off - and they don't
> work symmetrically, like a car gauge.  It's due to the shape of the
> tank.  But if you get used to it, it tells you exactly what's going on.
> I got very used it, and would always know exactly how much gas I had.
>
> Takes about 2 to 2.5 gallons to come off full, then falls fairly
> linearly from there.  So typically 100 miles to come off full, and you
> get about 250 miles to a tank.  That's pretty standard (although
> obviously, sprockets, tune, and driving will cause that to vary).
>
> I never had any problems once I figured that out.  Never
> miss-registered.
>
> Matt Heyer

End of st-digest V2004 #618