Re: [ST] '03 ST differences

On 13 Nov 2004, at 07:20, simonb wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 14:11, dpullen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I've been wondering why there is no "hazard" mode for the flashers;
>> seems
>> like it might be useful...
>
> The Triumph Datatool Alarm gives you 4 way flashers.

I have an 03 ST and think it is great.  Alarm included.  The Datatool
alarm apparently has four way flahsers, and from the look of the
instructions probably also makes toast and can mind the children - but
working out how to get it to do these things with carefully crafted
presses of the two buttons on the remote control is more than I've been
able to do so far...  Mine has shown no sign of breaking down, but I
imagine if I ever did I'd not have the manual with me, and / or would
fail to remember what to do to get the flashers working.  Or if I did,
I would probably end up disabling the motor or something at the same
time.  Also - I am unsure if it is technically possible, but in the
practical universe turning on 4-way flashers while also attempting to
ride the bike would seem a bit of a challenge.  Yet using lights in
this way (e.g. to alert those following you of impending traffic queue
etc.) is a much more common application (in my experience).  A big
button on the handlebars would be rather more useful on all counts.

Regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST '03