Re: [ST] cold air and zippers

In a previous email, triumph1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx stated:

> Yesterday I rode 250 miles at 40 degrees.  I have several zippers on my
> leather jacket and tried covering them with duct tape to see if air
> could be stopped from entering the jacket.  It actually worked well, but
> after an hour or so the tape started to loose it's ability to stick to
> the jacket.  Is there a certain type of tape that with withstand the
> cold and maintain it's adhesion to leather?

hahahahahahaha

I have this vision that you look like one of the chinese food delivery
guys that I've seen in the city. His helmet and scooter are completely
covered with duct tape. We call him "Duct Tape Man."

Anyway. Instead of duct tape, may I recommend a section of the morning
newspaper inside the jacket. Not only is it reusable after stops but you
have something to read when you get to your destination or in the rest
room during a pit stop.

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now
I'm beginning to believe it."
            -- Clarence Darrow