Re: [ST] To: ST@TriumphNet.com

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 08:01:19AM -0600, Jack Hays wrote:
> What I sent was from a program I use to keep and electronic diary for
> my daughter's use later on. Every time I create a new paragraph it
> creates a new day and date entry. I am aware of what a paragraph is. I
> could have spent some time editing the message I guess but I didn't
> think it would be so much F'ing trouble for anyone to skip over if
> they were not happy.

Whatever program you use to create your stories is irrelavant.  The fact
is that when they make it to email, they're one giant mass of words that
is difficult to read.  Andy was just pointing that out, albeit in a
sarcastic, humorous way.

> The list has changed quite a bit since we were all on it at it's
> origin in '99. The oil and tire threads may be old hash to some but
> I'd bet most of the folks on the list now never went through these as
> they are fairly new.  All but about six of the original riders have
> moved on I guess. But they get hit on for asking the most basic
> questions. We need to get over it and either read them to gain new
> knowledge if possible, scan past them, give them and answer, or just
> delete them. Instead we take shots at them.  Friendly and warm place
> to be?

I don't see newbies getting bashed on the list, but then again I skip
most of the repeated newbie threads.  What needs to be done is to update
the freaking FAQ.  The TRIUMPHNET ST website has literally not changed
since I first checked it in April 2001!

> In addition, I have posted ride reports from every ST Rallye we have
> held each year and never had anyone complain until now.

Jack, I love your trip reports.  I've read all the installments of this
latest one so far, and am hanging for the next.  But to be honest, I've
missed a lot of them because I sometimes don't want to expend the energy
it takes to parse them.  I'm sure I miss out when I do that, and I'm
sure a lot of others on the list are missing out on your great stories
and writing style.  Trip reports are what makes the list great.  Please
just cut & paste yours into the emailer of your choosing and put in a
few carriage returns for us, so that when enjoying them we can blink or
look away from the screen for a second and still be able to easily jump
back into your tale.

Laters,
Brian
- --