Re: [ST] Heated grips (not Triumph)

Sunday, November 28, 2004, 10:20:01 AM, Mike Bostock wrote:

> Slightly OT but a neighbour has asked me to get some heated grips on her
> behalf for hubby's Honda Fireblade as an Xmas present.

> Given that Honda do not *seem* to do OEM heated grips for the Fireblade
> can anyone make any recommendations for heated grips which are comparable
> to the OEM Triumph.

When I purchased my Blackbird I wanted heated grips because I'd
come to love the grips on my RS.  Honda does not offer grips
specifically for the Blackbird, but the dealer was able to adapt
grips for the ST1100/ST1300 to the Blackbird.  There is no
"switched" 12V circuit on the 'bird, so I have to be sure to turn
them off, but that's the only downside.  I think the ST1100 grips
are at least the equivalent to the factory Triumph units, and
perhaps a bit better, as they have four heat settings rather than
just the two with the Triumph.  I recommend you have your friend
check with her Honda dealer to see what can be arranged for her
husband's bike.

- -Keith