RE: [ST] I changed the front tyre on the ST today.

Several comments, please don't be offended if it seems like criticism.

First, did you check the balance of the tyre after putting that green slime
in? I'd be concerned about it. Myself, I'd never put such things in a tire
for fear it would move around when it goes through heat cycles. (Plus that
mess would make me cringe.)

Second, it looks like you missed a prime opportunity to clean your bike's
calipers and it's pistons. It's the most effective maintenance I've found
for keeping free travel of the lever to the minimum, and stopping at top
performance.

Third, please tell me what brake pads you've been using. There seems to be
excessive wear on the rotors. I've got 48,000 miles on my RS, and on just my
second set of pads (front, the rears are still the original ones.) I've used
only the stock Nissin HH+ pads, and the rotors on my bike still look as new.

Just a few observations, as you asked.

Ken M.
'00 RS
Spencer MA USA