RE: [ST] Re: G'day from OZ

<<
not really happy with the gear change linkage & have noticed
on some sSeed Triples and Daytonas that they have a direct change (no
linkages) has anyone
changed over to that type gear change - do they fit / do they work better ??
Cheers for now - keep the shinny side up - Harry

Welcome aboard Harry.

I have done the exact change you are asking about on both my '99 and my '02
Sprint STs.  On the '02 if you want the shifter peg to be in the same
location as the linkage unit, get a '99-'01 one piece Daytona/Speed Triple
shifter lever.  If you have smallish feet, or ride with the balls of your
feet on the pegs all the time. like myself, you can use and '02 or later
one.  The '02 or later one is long enough that it brings the shifter peg
about 1 inch, or so, closer to the footpeg.  Some may not find that
comfortable.  I believe it made the bike shift better, and it also removes
one more thing to maintain in the linkage pivots.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen