Re: [ST] Tech Info

The affect of DOT 5 fluid on seals depends on the seal
material.  When it first came out, about 20 years ago,
most vehicles had seals that would be affected as you
describe.  Most now have seals that can handle DOT 5,
but you don't know without chemical compatability
information.  I've used Dot 5 in my Triumph car's
clutch system for years, because it has new seals.

The biggest problem for me is with entrained air.
Tiny little bubbles don't easily combine into ones big
enough to be bled out, so you may have to bleed the
brakes several times over a long time period to get it
all out.  And my Sprint's brakes are already hard
enough to bleed!

Has anyone tried Speed-Bleeder valves on a Sprint?

Jeff Moorse
Hurst, TX
'02 Sprint RS