Re: [ST] Appraisal for a crashed 2k sprint rs - what's it worth?

John Petrey, Jr. wrote:

> Al,
>
> I have one that looks just about like that - except mine is an ST;-(
> I would be tickled pink to get a grand out of it.
> If somebody offers me 800 I'll probably take it.
> Thing is, Al, if we had the time we could probably get
> 12-1600 out of ebay'ing parts. But I don't see that happening.
>
> As far as how/who to pass it along to your ideas are the same as mine.
> I guess for convenience a local salvage yard is your best bet. For the
> bike
> in its entirety Ebay probably wouldn't bring more than 4-500 in my
> guesstimation --
> I know other wrecked bikes don't seem to do well on there.
> I have been trying to get this guy that lives near me who is bike-less
> right now to take mine and fix it.
>
> I would really like to keep mine and fix it someday but it's just in
> the way.
> And it gives my wife an oppty to count it in with my m/c total even
> though
> it doesn't run. If I get rid of it I can perhaps replace it with one
> that runs. Like
> a KTM950 or a 04 gixxer 750 or a Guzzi. I really want a Gutzi. And a
> Tuono Racing.
>
> John

thanks john,

my buddy here at work just rode in on monday with his brand new V11 naked,
oh man - sweet bike! had a 70's T3 myself - loved that bike...

there's my problem: i don't have the temptation of a new bike to help me
move this one out in a timely fashion ;)

- - al.