From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Gavin Lawrie
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 9:08 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Improving lighting on 03 ST... suggestions?

Hi Ken

I was aware of the ratings issue.  Fortunately my ST has already had a
relay mod for the lighting circuit (so both lights on when on dip etc.),
and the relays apparently will cope with extra load of a pair of 90/100W
bulbs.

As for the 'real' Xenon stuff - I have no idea whether this is so or
not.  There is clearly a difference between H4 bulbs and their
associated reflectors and those used for 'High Intensity' lights such as
those appearing on the latest cars (and BMW bikes?).  But whatever it is
called, if the end product is a brighter light coming out the front of
my ST, I'll be happy :)

As for the MotoRider web site - http://www.motolight.com/  I assume that
for the ST the preferred mounting is to bolt them on to the calipers -
Matthew is this what you've done?

Regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST '03

Ken Mitchell wrote:

>Just be aware that those "xenon" bulbs are NOT true xenon. If they
>were, they would cost closer to what the MotoRider ones are, and
>require trnsformers and relays of higher ratings. True xenon lamps are
>much more expensive than halogen bulbs.
>
>I didn't see the link for the MotoRider lights mentioned. Anyone have
it?

>Ken M.
>'00 RS

*   *