Re: [ST] Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh

In a previous email, Rupert Galea stated:
> I was not so lucky when I removed my cover. Does anyone know how shops
> remove gaskets? I have tried gasket remover in the past but it did not
> work that well and also removes paint. When I removed the clutch cover
> on the ST I used a putty knife and a Dremel with a nylon (?) wheel.

I use a single edged razor and a lacquer thinner soaked rag. Sure, it
removes paint, but I figure that I really don't need paint under the
gasket. Just make sure that you go slowly, you don't want to gouge the
aluminum or magnesium housing.

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it."
            -- Bernard Bailey