Re: [ST] Busted...

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Al Garvin wrote:

- -Dan,
- -   I would have a friend with a movie camera follow me at some distance
- -while I re-enacted the crime scene. Have your friend stay back far
- -enough to not trip the light. After several cycles of you setting there
- -on you ST without triping the left trun light, have them move forward in
- -their car enough to make the light trip. Take the video to court and
- -play it for the judge.  You may want to do this at night when there is
- -no or little traffic.

Al, that is a brilliant idea.  While I haven't had personal experience with
this, several others I know have been successful in defense using the "faulty
or malfunctioning equipment" claim and your idea to tape this in action would
be more than enough proof for the judge I'd think.

Dan, you may want to also look into your local code and see if there isn't a
description of how to proceed through the intersection if the signalling
equipment is malfunctioning, as those who mentioned having defended themselves
against this ticket have found to exist.

Yeah, it's a hassle to have to do this but I think you are going to be able to
win this one.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '98 VFR800FI -hers    ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  '89 Hawk GT  -hers   Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  66    U    AMA,CMHmoto,HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail