RE: [ST] Busted...Update

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for the comments and
suggestions.

I had one of these magnets on the bike at the time.  Maybe
another one

would help, but I'm not inclined to pay for another deer
whistle...

As far as my research, Oregon does not have any law providing a
defense

against defective equipment (traffic signals).  A proposed law to
that

effect was defeated last year and I have not heard of it being
introduced

this term.  Guess I have to get working on this.

I have been in contact with a police officer in Portland who
rides and

is willing (actually offered) to be subpoenaed to testify on my
behalf

(his ride is heavier than the ST).

I have been able to duplicate the situation on my own; but not on
video

tape.  Will try again this week if traffic permits.

Dan

'02 Sprint St

Beaverton, OR