RE: [ST] Brain Fade

>  If it's any consolation, Zoltan, you're not alone.....

Ok, here's mine.  In January (yes, I was riding in January; Georgia stays
warm enough to ride most of the year)...

Anyway, being cold outside, I had a tendency to back my bike out to the
street (my driveway is steeply sloped), put it in neutral, and let it warm
up while I assembled the rest of my riding gear.  On this particular day in
January, for reasons that I no longer recall, I decided to back out and face
the bike the other way (toward oncoming traffic).  Maybe I thought the
headlight would make a collision less likely, I dunno.

So I plopped the sidestand down, leaned the bike over, got off, walked to
the rear, and started to put my helmet on.  Out of the corner of my eye, I
saw the bike roll forward ever so slightly (it turns out that the road isn't
as flat as it looks, and the bike is now facing slightly downhill).  I
lunged toward the rear of the bike, hoping to grab the luggage rack, but it
was just out of reach.  The bike continued forward and started to lean
further away from me, gathering speed until the inevitable *crunch* of
breaking plastic.

The lesson I learned was never, ever, leave the bike in neutral when I'm not
on it.  I also learned that I can pick up a 600+ pound bike pretty easily
using Skert's "dropped bike" method...

  - Dave