[ST] Re: What's *your* mileage?

I get around 45 mpg (UK) on my 2000 RS, which has the
race tune, a Remus carbon can and 18 teeth up front. I
used to get over 50 but it dropped when I changed jobs
and moved from commuting mainly through gentle country
lanes to mainly 90mph motorway blasts. I still get at
least 180 miles before the fuel light though.

It did get a bit better again after my last
(30,000-mile) service though. Maybe because the idle
had been too high so they adjusted a butterfly valve
to cure it. I believe apart from valves the service is
no more than a computer check, and they don't usually
touch the injection system mechanics. Maybe you could
get your garage to try that.

Barry
00 RS