[ST] Re: Bob Nixon

Hi Bob,

You probably don't remember me, but about a year ago I was trolling around
rec.motorcycles (among other locales) looking for advice on a "Sporty"
tourer - since I had convinced by "boss" (read: wife) that I REALLY REALLY
needed to get back into riding after a 10 year hiatus.

You recommended the Sprint, and after some research, I went down and put a
2004 ST (Silver, the most stunning color ... of course) on layaway in
October.  Boy, what a long winter.

Anyway, it was not long after I picked mine up (March 29th! Not bad for the
reputed "Great White North, eh?) that I read about your accident.  I've been
hoping to get the chance to thank you for your advice... I truly love this
motorcycle.  So, Thanks!

I've only got about 4000km on this year (we have a new baby, so my riding is
limited mostly to commuting) but I did get one long-ish (for me) trip in,
about 850km round trip.  More miles just mean more smiles at this point.

In any case... I'm extremely happy to see you're back up and at 'em, and all
the best!  I'm not sure my Sprint and I will ever make CA ... but if we do,
I'd be certainly pleased to buy the first (few) rounds, in thanks and in
celebration!

Best regards,

Dave Donald
04 ST ("Silver", like "Hi-yo, Silver, away!" ... hey, I loved the Lone
Ranger when I was 7...)
Ottawa, Canada