From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Garry
Simmons
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 2:21 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] triumph racing plans

> I know you are a keen Triumph owner and supporter of the race team.

I couldn't care less about a Triumph race team. That's an expensive
proposition with very little payoff. Even if Triumph was competitive
(regularly finishing a race on the podium, unlike this year), they'll never
compete with the Japs for mindshare in the 600cc repli-racer market. Even if
they built a better bike, the Japs STILL would out-advertise Triumph by a
long shot. They have no chance IMO. The race team and trying to compete with
the Jap 600s at their game is a waste of money IMO.

That said, just make the Daytonas the best "real world" sportbikes (street
focus, not track) they can and leave the street-legal track bike market to
the Japs...

Just my $0.02...

Garry

*