RE: [ST] New Triumph Models

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 peter.chittum@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I really think they found a good compromise between the hard-corner-stealth-technology
>look of current offerings out there and maintaining the basic look of the
>sprint.

I agree here - I think the current ST has just a little too much swoopy
curveyness to it. It almost looks like a Katana in that sense. The new one
doesn't go overboard like the Futura or VTEC VFR.

>later sprints is quite nice. Why not just refine what you got? And the
>panniers. What'swith those? Is it supposed to be able to float? They look like pontoons.

They do look a bit on the big side. Oddly, I don't think that "more
luggage space" was a common request.

>Being partial to our bikes as we are, change is bound to bring about some
>disapointment.
>But all in all, I like the direction that Triumph are going.

Exactly. Many `people wanted an underseat exhaust - and they added it.
Many wanted suspension improvements - and they added that. Some wanted a
bodywork redesign - they did that. I don't know that anyone wanted more
power & displacement, but given the way they work their models basing them
all around the same engine, it makes sense that if one model needs a new
engine for more power (Daytona) they all get it eventually.

You've got to admit - they listen to their customers a lot better than
Honda.

Paul