Re: [ST] Suicidal Squirrel

This is sick. To kill an innocent animal is sad. Steve, by killing this creature you screwed up, in a big way. What will you do differently going forward to avoid similar incidents? Sorry, but killing innocent creatures and then bragging about it paints a pretty sad picture of humanity. Here's an idea. Next time you see a creature by the side of the road, slow way down. That's what I do, and it works.

> What kind of grape??
>

> --- STeve Duncan <xhippy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > A less than fortunate squirrel paid the ultimate
> > price on Sunday, during my
> > return run from Bull Shoals.  It was sad, really.
> > Mr. Squirrel was sitting
> > contentedly on the right side of the road, looking
> > happy fondling his nuts.
> > As I approached his suicidal tendencies kicked in
> > and he made a mad dash
> > across the road, perfectly timing contact between
> > his noggin and my front
> > tire.  I could hear the sound of his little skull
> > popping like a grape as I
> > rolled over it.  I'm sure it was quick and painless.
> >  I just hope he had a
> > good stash of nuts stored away for his family.
> >
> > Otherwise it was a good run up Saturday and back on
> > Sunday.  1076 total
> > miles, 544 up and 532 back, both in just less than
> > 10 hours each.  This
> > entire trip was with NO interstate, all backroads
> > and state hiway.  Best leg
> > was the first, 213 miles in 3 hours with zero stops.
> >
> > Got to ride some of my favorite roads;  Talimena
> > Drive twice, Push Mtn road,
> > AR-27 and 21 and 43 and 263, 178, and 309(Magazine
> > Mtn.) and a bunch of
> > others.  Couple of things, AR-263 south of Push Mtn
> > is a must do, very, very
> > nice.  And 66 from from 65 over to 263 is really
> > nice as well.  These are
> > roads I've either never ridden, or it's been so long
> > I don't remember.  Push
> > Mtn road is exactly 25.5 miles long and took me
> > exactly 21 minutes to
> > traverse. No other vehicles were seen all the way
> > across.  Sweet.
> >
> > All in all a very fine weekend run.  Except I do
> > feel sorry for the widowed
> > Mizzuz Squirrel.
> >

> > STeveDuncan
> > '00-ST
> > Tejas

> >       The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by Jack
> > Lilley Ltd.
> >           http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/lilley for
> > more info
> >    http://www.TriumphNet.com/st for ST, RS and