Re: [ST] Suicidal Squirrel

>From: dangrass@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>This is sick. To kill an innocent animal is sad. Steve, by killing this
>creature you screwed up, in a big way. What will you do differently going
>forward to avoid similar incidents? Sorry, but killing innocent creatures
>and then bragging about it paints a pretty sad picture of humanity. Here's
>an idea. Next time you see a creature by the side of the road, slow way
>down. That's what I do, and it works.

Hey Dude, bite me.

I don't know if you've ever hit any animals on the road.  I have, lots, over
35 years riding.  I will tell you I have Never hit one on purpose, but I
will not do some stupid evasive maneuver to avoid a squirrel that has darted
back and forth several times.  You cannot predict the next movement.  I
don't know what kind of roads you ride, but this particular incident was
coming out of a left hand corner at 40mph, Rocky was about 50 ft in front of
me.  Slow down ???  I only do that for deer, buzzards, elk, cows, etc......

Oh and BTW, I was not bragging, I was telling a cautionary tale, screwing up
in a big way would have been hitting the cliff face to my right or going off
in the 100 foot ravine to my left.

Did I mention, "bite me?"

STeveD
Tejas