Re: [ST] chain mail

In a previous email, B Parker stated:
> ok, i just got my third front tire, and for the fourth time the mechanic
> says, 'your chain is about worn out'.

Hmmm. Maybe he is way too anal. Maybe he's in the business of selling
chains to unsuspecting riders. Maybe your first chain was a Regina and
that died at the usual time and the partially worn sprocket sent the
second chain to an early grave.

I'm currently at 19,500 miles on the original chain. It's a DVD or DUD
or something like that. ;-) I use the Honda chain lube that comes in the
red can, I think it's "Pro Chain Lube" but I can't be arsed to go out to
the garage and check. And I lubed the chain last night after being
forced to ride through a 6" deep puddle on the way home.

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Football is a mistake. It combines the two worst elements of American
life. Violence and committee meetings."
            -- George Will