Re: [ST] chain mail

Steve Lawler wrote:
> In a previous email, B Parker stated:
>
>>ok, i just got my third front tire, and for the fourth time the mechanic
>>says, 'your chain is about worn out'.
>

> Hmmm. Maybe he is way too anal. Maybe he's in the business of selling
> chains to unsuspecting riders. Maybe your first chain was a Regina and
> that died at the usual time and the partially worn sprocket sent the
> second chain to an early grave.

That's my thought. I got over 20K miles on my OEM chain, nd I did
wheelie, ride fast, and performed jack rabbit starts, .... often ....

As far as oiling, I lubbed/cleaned my chain at least every 5,000 miles,
added oil a bit more often when a road trips gets wet.

Get an OEM front, good rear sprocket, X-ring chain and a NEW mechanic.

cheers,
Tom

- --
Thomas Emberson