[ST] ST new bags

Okay, after having a few days to think about them here's the deal for me.
The new ones are so fugling ugly I just don't see how they could have
designed them any more heinously. However, the extra storage space
would be nice. Just this AM I had to insert and re-insert 3x my bag
into my pannier to get it to close. But from my point of view here's the catch:
the new one are too ugly to leave on the bike on a daily basis. For
trips, yeah, great. For commuting, no way pontoon boy. So if I buy one
what do I put all my shuff in? The old ones look, I dunno, well, they don't
stand out literally AND figuratively too much. Definitely can not say
that about the new ones. The 15 days per year I am touring the new ones
will be great but the other 225 days a year I ride now I got no place
to stash my rainsuit, air pump, bag w/all my work stuff laptop, etc.

BTW, As far as the rest of the bike is concerned I don't mind the edginess
too much -
I think it's pretty sharp. I think I would grow to like it alot. I will
probably end up
with one if:
1) The suspension is really alot better, on par with ST4s.
2) The power figures we've seen are close to being accurate. Hopefully that
was a rwhp # someone posted but I am sure it was @ the crank. Anybody know?

Squirrel: Funny thread but it's getting a little age now. IIRC Steve ran
over ANOTHER one in Arkansas when on the rare occasion I was behind him. Do
you remember that Steven K?

John Petrey