Re: [ST] Trimph Web Site

Garry Simmons wrote:

>>Y'know, it might be a decent idea if Triumph where to update their web
>>site, no??
>>
>>http://www.triumph.co.uk/
>

> They hired a new firm to redo their web site. Doesn't excuse the current
> maintainer(s) though. Supposedly the new site will be up sometime this
> month. Got this info from a link posted on TriumphRat.Net

Fair enough, but it would be worth it to get the new design company to
post a note on the old one to watch out for the new site coming to a
monitor near you.

All of this is hard with contractual obligations and all. The company my
wife works for has had a lot of fun in this area. Her previous boss out
sourced one of their main sites about 1 1-1/2 years ago. He basically
hired a company due to friendship with the sales weasel.

anyway, the boss left, external company fired, and my wife is now back
to being the official personal responsible for the web site, but with
all the other commitments, a total redesign won't be hitting the streets
until next year. Until then she will be able to apply fixes here and
there. Some had to be done because the idiots did not design the site
with KAPPA (sp?) in mind (the web site is for a childrens product, KAPPA
is the legislation in the states for protecting kiddies against porn (no
problem with that part) and undo sales pressure and stuffs)

sorry for the rant, but I think it is very bad form for Triumph to leave
the site as is.

YMMV,

cheers,
Tom