Re: [ST] Heated frame

Electrically, the solution is quite simple.

All you need to do is unplug the fan, and then, using an ohmmeter, check to see if there
is continuity between the ground wire of the fan and the fan assembly, or to the frame of
the bike.

If there is no short, then a double-pole, double-throw switch can be inserted between the
fan plug and the fan itself.  Where the switch gets physically mounted would be up to the
individual.

The finished setup would look something like deppicted below.  I hope this text-based
picture makes it clear.  Everything lines up on my screen, but there is a possibility that
characters may get misaligned, making the picture confusing.

            +12v ____________o-------->o__________________o_________o (to normal hot lead
of fan)

!
                                                              o_________
!
                                                                                     !
!
                                                                                     !
!
                                                                                     !
!
                                                                                     !
!
lead of fan)

!

(the two switches shown actually operate as one DPDT switch --- shown in normal, or
'un-reversed' position)

('o' indicates a physical connection point)